Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Goodbye December

'Autumn Thoughts'
It was read more than any of my other blogs in 2010.


Wow, it is already the end of December and time for my monthly blog wrap up.

For some reason Southern Ontario has missed all of the winter storms that have raged around us this month and that is a good thing.  

But wherever you were this month, I'm hoping you had a good Christmas.



Win a Magic Pig Wand

I got the idea of having a contest because I actually won a contest in someone else's blog in 2010.  I won a lovely newly published book called "Facing Fire" by Canadian author KC Dyer.  Ms Dyer is a friend of Pamela Patchet, who writes the amazing blog, 'A Novel Woman'.  

I won! I won! 

Anyway, the pig wand and my obsessive compulsiveness made a great combo.  By the time I was finished, it was quite glam - completely covered in sequins, feathers, ribbons etc.



Ixchel

Prayers to a female God at a UN conference?

What a great idea.

An idea whose time has come, I might add.



And the Winner Is ...

My high school friend, Lena, who lives in Nanaimo, B.C. won the magic pig wand!
Congratulations, Lena.

The next contest will happen a few weeks before Valentine's Day.

Think chocolate if you are wondering what the prize will be. 

Specifically chocolate from the chocolate shop in Ridgeville.



Grave Faces IV

The fourth in the series of interesting tombstones.




Ding Dong Bell / I Will fight Them on the Phone

I wrote two whole blogs on my frustration with Bell Canada. 

Eventually, I did manage to figure out the billing. 

Lucky for Bell.


3 Geneva Street, The Lights Are On

If you haven't seen this miniature house, and things like that interest you.  It is worth a trip to the St. Catharines Museum.

Magic.



Untitled

This was just a not to let people know that having highish speed Internet has freed up a lot of my time.

I've gone back to editing my novella, "Somebody Shot the Principal" and I'm doing it online so anyone who wants to, can follow along.

I won't be posting 'a North Pelham Journal' as often though.



I Sent a Letter to My Love

I love country mailboxes.  Some of them are pretty, some political, some scary. 

This is the first in a series.



Sister Wives

Things like polygamy don't bother me. 

Cruel, evil people bother me.  If someone is a good, responsible person then I don't care what they wear, (on their bodies or their heads), what their religious beliefs are or how many partners they have.

Unfortunately, there are many people who do care and we may be in for a rocky road in 2011 if by some chance both prostitution and polygamy are legalized.

On the other hand, this being Canada, we may just say a national, "Well I never!" and get back to doing whatever we were doing.



Enjoy these last few days of 2010 everyone! 

See you with my resolutions on New Year's Day!

(Feel free to add yours in the comment section!)

1 comment: