Thursday, June 28, 2012

Those Cluckers

English: Henhouse near Ganthorpe
English: Henhouse near Ganthorpe (Photo credit: Wikipedia)























So the chickens are coming home to ro roost.

The Conservative chickens that is.

And you'd better hope that you aren't in the hen house when it collapses.

Or on the bridge.

Or under the overpass.

Or in the shopping mall.


I was going to post a blog about the omnibus budget


before it passed last week,

actually started gathering a few facts


but I'm trying not to blog about Canadian politics at this site


and because there is nothing that will cause a severe case of


the dreaded eyes-glazing-over disease faster than the words, 


"Canadian budget",



I didn't.


And I suppose it wouldn't have mattered.

At the time I was worried at the cuts the government had planned

for our most vulnerable; seniors, aboriginal women, etc.


I didn't know the cuts also included funding to our search and rescue teams.

I'm very thankful they were deployed to Elliot Lake


and pray that if any more disasters are slated for Canada



that they happen this fiscal year


before the teams have to be disbanded.





***
Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, it's very instructive to learn what spending the Conservatives think is essential and what isn't. $16 glass of orange juice, anyone!

Those clucking cluckers!!!!

Jane said...

There was quite an outcry about the rescuers refusing to go in when they could hear tapping. People feel little heroism was displayed & that they should have brought in a mine search & rescue crew - not those pussies from TO!

The Dancing Crone said...

I guess it is true they refused to go in, but only because they were ordered not too. If the building was so unstable that it was in danger of crushing the people who were trapped inside and already injured, then tough as it must have been, they made the right decision. Heart brreaking.

Jane said...

Too much politics for sure, but I think that if, as a search & rescuer, you are afraid of risking your life, then you are in the wrong job! The calibre of men that once gravitated towards this profession considered it a calling not a job. Another generation and firefighters will refuse to save people from burning houses - they'll just stand by while they burn.

Ok, I feel better now - I'm officially stepping off my soapbox :)

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

I say fire them all and bring in my mother! She was the best damn budget manager I've ever known while growing up. Never had debt, always enough to eat, essentials were always there, expenses were paid on time, and she did it all effortlessly. Still does. Go mom, go! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, from what Jane says, it sounds like the UK. The professionals stand around debating 'health and safety' and leave it to some passer by to carry out the rescue!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm always disgusted by the choices of departments most government tend to cut from. Our public libraries are about to 45 million dollars, our senior healthcare... well, I won't say anything because I might cry.