Tuesday, January 29, 2013

If Only I Could Sing As Well As I Can Dance


 
 
Here's the picture I'm working on at the mo.

It's called, "If only I could sing as well as I can dance"

which is quite funny because in real life I can do neither.
 

I was trying to express how the wave structure of

matter and standing wave interactions,  

explains the quantum energy states of matter and light 'quanta'

just the way Albert Einstein said in 1905.

 

Oh wait. 

 

Maybe I was wondering if I should bother going to the gym today

because it's raining.

 

Anyway.

 
It isn't finished yet but I like all of the chaos and movement

around the dancer and her skirt.

 

It explains the quantum energy states of matter quite clearly, I think.

 
Or maybe my subconscious is telling me that I need more exercise.
 

Sigh
 
It's so hard to understand art.

 

10 comments:

Jane said...

Hehe, hard to know - art interpretation is so subjective :) Is that pastels you're working with?

Love all the movement in it - and those polka dots.

The Dancing Crone said...

They are snow flakes, Jane. Jeesh.

Jane said...

Lol!! Okay, if you 'see' snowflakes... See what I mean about art interpretation being so subjective?

Adam said...

I can't sing or dance either

Doug Jamieson said...

Absolutely nailed the quantum energy states of matter in my opinion.

The Dancing Crone said...

Well. Thank you Doug. A man who understands art. Obviously. And snowflakes.

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Well, whether you can sing and dance or not, the image is pretty cool if you ask me.

We're waiting for freezing rain here. Are you experiencing the same? It hasn't started yet, and I hope it doesn't come at all.

Introverted Art said...

wow Francie, beautiful and nerdy!!! Perfect combination for a proud geek like me. I love the colors on this piece... and I wish I could sing. I can dance, but sing...boy, I suck BAD!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Vibrant! Reminds me of a flamenco dancer we saw at a concert a couple of weeks ago.

Pandorah's Box said...

I love it! It's all fancy free! :)