Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fricken Canadian Anthem

Margaret Atwood
Cover of Margaret Atwood

And I thought I was the only one who choked on the words to our national anthem.
Not so, my friends, not so.
 
It turns out the great and powerful Margaret Atwood and I have the same problem.


Being women,  our true patriot love isn't deemed important enough
to mention in the national ditty.
 
 
Anymore.

 
I didn't know it, but I guess the song was inclusive originally.

But I guess those darn Suffragettes ruined it for everybody by insisting women should be able to vote. 

And our consequent  punishment was to be forever banned from being mentioned at NHL hockey game opening ceremonies.

 How cruel is that!

But don't worry about me.
There is some comfort knowing that I know I'm in Margaret's group.

I mean if one has to be lessened and subjugated, one should always strive to be lessened and subjugated with the best!

 


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: